Monday, November 10, 2008

Learning to Laugh Again

I've realized the past few weeks that laughter can cure broken hearts, broken spirits, and in general my broken life. This past year has been hell for me but when I look back it's made me a stronger and better person. For the first time I'm laughing about the things he says, the things he does and the way it makes him feel. He has always wanted the power over me and I've taken myself back. No longer does he hold something over me. I can laugh because I know that he is mean and now it's the monkey on her back, not mine. I can laugh because I know she is a whore and it will never last. I can laugh because I have the most beautiful baby with the funniest expressions and a laugh that I can hear in my dreams. He is what keeps me going! His laughter is what keeps me going. This time last year I made the decision to make my marraige work only to find out on Thanksgiving Day that he had made the decision for it not to. My heart was broken and my family was torn apart. I never thought I would get to this point where I feel ok. My grandma is watching over me every day and helping me through this healing process. I miss her more every day but I know she is here with me in spirit.

So, i'm getting a divorce and he's trying to take my baby. He is with my x best friend. My best friend (Grandma) died, I lost a job, got a new one. I fight with my mother all the time. I'm trying to raise my lil man and I'm still here. Still me. Still laughing.

1 comment:

Danyell said...

Aw that's good Allison. I'm glad you can laugh again. It's a good feeling!